so yeah, a little bit about life in R***, Idaho:basically awesome, a tad hot, especially on bikes, but i am trying to not break 190 lbs. right now so i am not complaining about the extra sweat to much. which reminds me, hispanic food is good! haha and they really like to feed us a lot, it is quite impossible to control my diet at all. when I break the scale at our house I will blame the people here :). A little bit about my investigators, well our investigators, I really just say hi, teach one or two points in the lesson, and then bear my testimony in the end. one guy we are teaching is named Jesus, (Hey-sus) he lives with a member. he is pretty cool,but our last lesson i challenged him to be baptised, and he said yes! but then he didnt come to church yesterday, which was sad. :( but we think he is really going to do it, because we saw his book of mormon, and he had been highlighting scriptures. yesterday also we taught this guy, whose name i cannot remember, but I got to challenge him to be baptised too, he said yes if he comes to know that the book of mormon is true. we are teaching about 10-12 other people right now as well, we pretty much teach more than we tract, and we havent tracted without ending up teaching a ful lesson. see, what happens is because they irrigate here in rupert, there are families that take their kids outside to play in the water, (usually hispanic) and what do you know, the missionaries stop by and start talking with them! it is so fun, a bit scary at first to go talk to random strangers, but i am getting used to it.
my companion and I have gotten pretty close, we get along pretty well. it is kind of weird, because i realize how dependent on him I am, how much I need him to teach me the know how of the mission field, it is a good thing he is a really great guy. my first P-day has been pretty fun , we played soccer in twin falls, my companion and I dominated.
it is weird, even though this last week has been so crazy and i have learned so much, i really cant think of that much more to talk about...oh yeah i remember one thing, the spanish branch is really awesome, the people has seemed to have accepted me and my stuttering spanish. :) one fellow I made pretty good friends with is this guy named facundo, he is this blind 50ish year old fellow that lives in town. he Really loves to make fun of new missionaries, most of the people in the branch complimented my spanish, his first words after we had our salutations was something of the like in spanish "your spanish really stinks, are you racist or something?" but yeah he is really cool, we sometimes do service for him because of his situation, he doesnt really have anyone else to take care of him cause he lives alone...anyway, I have to go now, i love you all!Elder N Keyes
No comments:
Post a Comment