Haven't got a stamp? Write Elder Keyes via Dearelder.com

Monday, July 16, 2012

16 July 2012- Espana


Well this week went well. Since I've gotten here our main focus here has been helping the branch become a ward. It is a goal that they have had for years and we are finally getting so close! Pte Hinckley told me before he left that it was one of the reasons I came here. So I want to be able to help them do it before I leave. Of course there are requisites that have to be met and everyone has their free will. But I have faith that it can be done. We have seen many miracles lately. There have been many people reactivating and also many baptisms. With the couple of baptisms coming up and the reactivation of a couple more less-actives we should be there. The hardest part of all this has actually been the strengthening of the so-called "active members". We have been working a lot with them too so they grow their faith and the activeness in the Gospel. I feel like missionary work is very difficult in a ward or branch were the spirituality of the active members is lacking. But it has been very satisying the whole process thus far.
 
This week and last week there were six Elders living in our apartment. Because of the fiestas (running with the bulls) and what not in Pamplona the two elders from there came and stayed with us. It was crazy but very fun also.
 
SEND LOTS OF RESSES PIECES! :) :) :)
 
 
Love you all!
 
Elder Keyes

No comments:

Post a Comment