Haven't got a stamp? Write Elder Keyes via Dearelder.com

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

3 May 2011

Hola!

This week was great! Elder A*******p and I have really enjoyed working together. We don´t have as much in common as I did with my last companion but we are both really focused in the work so we don´t have any problems.

This week we started our English classes up again. We haven´t done them here in a couple months because Elder G*******g didn´t feel like they we a good use of time and he didnt find much success with them. But we have enjoyed them a lot! It makes me feel a whole lot better about my spanish when I hear them try to speak english ;) But we put up advertisements for free english classes and we have quite a few students. About half of them are members and the other half arent. We do them in the chapel and its a great way for people to become familiar with the church. Also after the class we give a 10 minute spiritually thought. (We invite those who need or want to leave to do so, but no one does :) ) It´s really good.

We also found quite a few new investigators this week. We are teaching two women and a men from the filipines. (only one of them is his wife). haha and they only speak english so its fun to be able to practice my english every couple days. They are enjoying learning more about Jesus and reading the Book of Mormon. I think if they go to church this week I´ll have to sit in the back with them and translate because they really speak 0 spanish.

We also have had an investigator coming to church the past couple weeks. She is from here and she lives alone (her family consists of her 4 cats and 2 ferrots. Yea tell me about it. But she really enjoyed church last week and made friends with a lot of the ladies there.

Yea sorry the pictures from last week are kind of random... The "weightroom" is our living room and the young man se llama R*****. He is a Ward Missionary that helps us out a lot! Great guy! He´s from Bolivia. I sent also one of E*** and her baptism. I´m not sure if you got that one or not. I hope so. If not I´ll resend it later.

Well, I wanted to give a little bit more info about whats actually going on here... so I hope you enjoyed it. I am going to take some pictures with some of our investigators and our members so you can see them :)

These are a list of the people we are teaching right now...

M******** (de España)
N*** (de Equador)
N***** y E** (de Bolivia)
A******** (de España)
A*** (de Bolivia)
A****** (de España)
A** (de Bolivia)
A**** y F******** (de Philipines)
R**** y M****** (de Romania)
M**** (de España)

and this week are hoping to teach for the first time:

J*** y D****** (de Colombia)
M**** (de Paraguay)
N**** (de España)
J*** (de España)
R******* y P**** (de Bolivia)

So yea I´ll see if I can get some pics and send them to ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment