Haven't got a stamp? Write Elder Keyes via Dearelder.com

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

23 May 2011

Hello again! Hoẃs it going? Sounds like an exciting time back home! With school ending and fun vacations coming up. We are doing well here too. We have finished the month of May with 47 baptisms in the mission. What a great month! There are 30 people that are planning to be baptised this coming weekend. I dońt think that has ever happened in the history of this mission! How awesome. 


Our week this week was a little bit slower. We found a couple new investigators and had some really great progress with some of our other investigators, but overall it went a little slower than usual. I think it was due to a lack of enthusiam and diligence. Maybe a little organization also. One problem that we have is taking lessons WAY too long. Something we need to practice is being sure to give shorter more powerful lessons and getting out so we areńt wasting time. 


We were talking to a lady in our ward yesterday. She went with us to a lesson and afterward we spent 45 minutes talking with her. Not usually something we like to do but we thought it was important for us because with stronger relationships with the members we can work better with them. It was a good conversation. At the end of the conversation she started talking about our personalities. (This is a 45 year old lady from Paraguay) And I dont know why she was talking about this because we never asked her (she just likes to talk). But she told me that I have great social skills and that when she talks to me she really feels like Ím listening and she has trust in me.

We have set a lot of goals this week for things we want to work and improve on. I need to work more diligently during our study time in the morning. There are so many things we can study but I think if I get more focused and organized I can do much better. I am going to Bilbao to play football with some other Elders and members. Ím excited. However Ím not sure if wére playing futbol or football. I didnt have them specify.

Either way it́ll be fun! Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment