Haven't got a stamp? Write Elder Keyes via Dearelder.com

Monday, June 13, 2011

12 June 2010

Hello Family. I am sorry that I didn´t have the opportunity to write last week. Last Monday was crazy and we just didn´t have any time. But I promise I won´t ever stop writing. I love getting your letters and hope that you enjoy mine also. Well this week is crazy as we are trying to plan a baptism for this Saturday and try to make sure our investigators are ready. Jaime seems like golden. I don´t see any problems with him but we really wanted some other people to get baptized with him on the same day. If not though we can wait for the next week. Better not to rush things. We had a pretty good couple of weeks. Yesterday at church we had numerous investigators at church and it was amazing to see each one of them being fellowshipped by members! They were all talking to them and inviting them and showing them to their classes and everything! It was amazing! After 4 months of teaching and asking and begging they are finally understanding! The investigators were so much more comfortable. 2 of the ladies even stayed afterward to sing with the choir. It was nice to be able to relax a little bit and no that I didn´t have to worry about them.  


A have kind of a cool story. We had this really good investigator who we had been teaching for a while and has become friends with some of the members. Anyway on Saturday she told us after a lesson that she couldn´t continue visiting with us. (something about work and her schedule). But any excuse is the same. Anyway... I was kinda sad because I was really hoping that her family (her mother and her daughter) could progress more in the gospel. So I took the matter to the Lord and just expressed my desire for the salvation of this family. I asked and prayed that he would prepare a way for her desire to continue learning. This morning while I was reading my pocket vibrated. I pulled out the phone and read this text from Nineth!! (translated): "I have been intrigued by something you said on Saturday and I haven´t been able to get it out of my head. I´ll see you Thursday." I was like wait what... I guess she changed her mind :) I am very happy and excited for our opportunity to continue teaching and helping her and her family.

No comments:

Post a Comment