Haven't got a stamp? Write Elder Keyes via Dearelder.com

Thursday, July 21, 2011

18 July 2011

Hola Familia,

This week went pretty well. I did a little bit of travelling getting to do some work in some other missionaries in some other areas. It was a good experience. We found some interesting investigators this week. We walked by this woman in the street who had her 2 year old son with her and as we walked past the son who was standing on the ground started to run after us. The woman of course ran after her son and caught up to him as he caught up with us. Of course I took advantage of the situation and began to talk to this lady. I told her her son was cute (which he was) and then asked her where they were from, even though I was 100% sure they were from Romania. She told us and I said that was cool and asked her if she had seen missionaries like us in Romania before. She said she had seen some before but that she had never talked to them. Anyway so we talked for a while and she told us she wanted to read the book of Mormon so we told her we would bring her one that night in Romanian. She accepted and we went to our meeting and some other appointments that we had set. Then that night we left to see her. She was outside again and we gave her the book and we began talking again when a lady who was standing up on the third floor balcony started yelling at us. I didn´t understand what she said the first time so I asked her to repeat herself and she yelled that she wanted one of those books too. We finished talking to our Romanian friend and after setting up another day to go back and visit, the third story balcony lady said she was coming down to talk to us. She came down and we talked and she was very interested and we set a return appointment with her also. It was pretty cool.

Anyway, also we are teaching and Russian family. The Father has been here for 7 years so he speaks spanish perfectly, but the Mom and the daughter have been here 1 month so they speak NOTHING. It´s pretty fun though. She´s teaching us Russian and we´re helping her with her English and Spanish. So far all I know how to say is "Hello, my name is Brandon. How are you?" and "I love you". Haha! It's a pretty good start I think.

I'm looking forward to this week. Tomorrow we have interviews with President Hinkley and I we are planning on setting Baptismal dates with a couple of our investigators who have been learning and progressing well.

Well family I hope all is going well. I love you all a ton!

Elder Keyes

No comments:

Post a Comment